Top 7 Event Marketing Tips
1. Offer a giveaway in exchange for customer information. At the end of the day, you will have a list of customers who are interested in your business who you can market to in the future!
2. Include a takeaway in the event’s swag bags and at your table. Customer’s memories are short, so it gives people a reminder of your business, brand message, and products.
3. Take time to create a booth that will draw people in to interact with business. Get creative, and break away from the traditional table with two people sitting behind it. The more customers interact with you, the more likely they will remember you after the event.
4. Tell your existing client list and customers that you will be at the event. It is a good opportunity to continue to build your relationship with them.
5. Use technology to your benefit! New strategies and electronics like QR codes, video, interactive iPad displays, etc. can be a huge benefit to your business and may impress people at the event.
6. If you are not going to work the booth yourself, make sure that you train your employees/helpers on keeping a smile on their face, staying upbeat, and engaging people. All too often I see employees sitting behind a table with their arms crossed – clearly not wanting to be there. Or worse, talking or texting on their cell phone (even as people stop to check out the information at the table).
7. Have FUN! Events are a perfect time to shine and share your passion with potential customers. In all honesty, it is a great ego boost because you get to hear compliments about your business all day. Soak it up. Use it to recharge your batteries.